8:49 AM

A World of Possibilities

So here is a list. My list of things that sound like fun new things to try or take up again.

1. Guitar
2. SCUBA Diving
3. Rock Climbing
4. Hiking
5. Skiing (downhill and cross-country)
6. motorcycling

Okay I could go on, but you are probably already wondering what this has to do with becoming the perfect mom. You see I have a phobia. I am terrified of being embarrassed. I am not one of those people who laughs about things years later, because I am still horrified by how silly I looked. It has stopped me from trying things, stopped me from living life to the fullest. I don't want that for my girls.

I want my girls to plunge into life fully dressed and laughing out loud. I mean, what is the point otherwise. I want them to go for it, every time they get a chance. I want them to try new things and see new places, and the only way to teach them to do that is to do it myself.

I will be taking guitar in a couple weeks. Yes, it is the tamest on the list, but hey, I have to start somewhere. I want to write songs with my girls and sing songs around the campfire. I want them to remember mom playing the guitar and smile. I want them to learn how to play and be in a band. Okay, maybe not, but I want them to have the possibility if it is important. I want to be a happy, energetic influence, and I start right now!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it! Isn't it funny how having kids changes your entire outlook on life?! Good luck with all you goals, and I can't wait to hear how you do :)