6:29 PM

Does Excercising Have to Count as "Me" Time?

So my main New Years Resolution is to get into shape. Not just lose weight, but get into shape. Now that my girls are older, we plan on taking more hikes. However, my girls are 2 and 3, so much of their hiking consists of being carried in a kid backpack.

Last year I managed to lose 30 pounds, 10 of which I may have put back on over Christmas (not sure I am avoiding the scale right now). I want to lose another 30-40, but more important, I want to be able to do all the things I could before kids and weight gain. The thing is, I hate excercising.

"So what? Just do it," you say. Well, there are only so many hours in the day. Most of them involve kid activities or household chores. If I want time to do things alone, like now, I have to ask my husband to watch the girls. So, do I ask him to watch them for excercising and lose my 1 hour of sanity time a day. My other options are 10-11 pm or 4-5 am, neither of which I am thrilled about.

This is the reason people don't excercise. With a million things I don't have time for in a day, it is hard to find time for something I hate. I need to do it, for myself, my husband, and my girls, but I don't know the solution now. Suggestions? I'll let you know if I figure out anything good.


Happy New Year By the Way. Hope it is a good one for you and yours. :)

0 comments: